Asana connects you with your body, making it a more efficient vehicle for life. I can speak for myself when I say that if I have a long to-do list running through my mind, I become disconnected with my body. I’ll stumble out the door, trip on the way to the car and barely remember to stop at stop signs. When I’m busy, I live more in my head than in my body. Some of this is understandable, as our brains are doing a lot of thinking and organizing of information.
But if our bodies are the vehicles in which we move through our full-to-the-brim lives, it is important to be in tune with them by connecting our thoughts and actions. Practicing asana for thirty minutes before (or during) a busy day puts our awareness back inside the amazing tool that does so much work for us. When we are fully present in our bodies, we can accomplish our to-do’s with more grace, confidence and physical awareness.
Too Busy for Yoga? Take Time to Make Time!
on
